So, last night we purchased my plane ticket to Rome! And I wanted to take this time to talk about the abundance of money the airline companies must be making on luggage. I will be in Rome for three months (a semester), and I have no idea how to pack for this trip. I have always been known to be an awful packer. I am permitted 1 bag, then the second bag is $50 more. I didn’t see an option for a third. Even if I was a good packer, I think it is ridiculous to expect me to fit what I need for three months (only bare essentials since I will be buying most things while I am there) into one bag, maybe two. Airlines made $3.4 billion profit from baggage fees alone in 2010. This is absurd. So if anyone has any packing aides or suggestion please help.
In other news…
I am sitting in the Great Lakes Chocolate Company in Sturgis, MI. This has a great atmosphere: oldies music playing, red and yellow paint to increase appetite, and free wifi! It is my lunch at Wal-Mart (more like breakfast). I am enjoying a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese and a white chocolate mocha. If you have never been, I suggest checking it out!
- Fuel surcharges on plane tickets soar. How long will it last? (csmonitor.com)
- All Over the Map Debunks Myths about Traveling with Children (alloverthemap.net)
- Your Next Flight May Be Powered By Algae–And A Lot Cheaper (fastcompany.com)
- Buongiorno!!!! – Rome, Italy (travelpod.com)
- Rome, Italy and The Vatican, Vatican – Rome, Italy (travelpod.com)
- Coffee, anyone? (run4joy59.wordpress.com)
- A Barista’s Musings: What does your coffee say about you? (kiwigirlskiwiblog.wordpress.com)